Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mockingjay


I finally read the last book in The Hunger Games trilogy. I really wish I could have read them all back to back, but I had to beg, borrow, and steal to get my hot little hands on them for free.

I don't feel like discussing the particulars of the plot. Instead, I'm going to reflect a little on my thoughts about the series. I thought it was great and found all of the books to be quick reads. Greg, the intern at work who lent me #2 and #3, asked me whether I was "Team Peeta" or "Team Gale." I thought about it and realized that I had no particular opinion about which man, if either, Katniss ended up with. I was rooting for all of them to make it out alive, but I didn't know what particular ending would be better. I think that Katniss loved Peeta and Gale, but I think she loved them in different ways that are more adaptive for different parts of her life. I think I couldn't "pick a team" without knowing how things ended up for her. I was satisfied with that portion of the ending. I thought that Prim dying was an extra special tragedy since the whole trajectory of the book started with Katniss keeping Prim alive.

I recommend these books, and I'm looking forward to watching the movie, although I'm sure it will be a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment