Tuesday, February 7, 2012
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
I finally read the last book of the trilogy, although it has been quite awhile since I read the first two. I watched the Swedish version of the movies to refresh my memory before I embarked on this 563 page tome. (As a side note, I thought the movies were good--gritty but good.) I enjoyed this book, but I found it more daunting than the previous two. I think that might be because of the sheer number of Swedish characters that I had to keep track of during the book (e.g., Niedermann vs. Nieminen, Edklinth vs. Ekstrom). Additionally, a number of characters are alternately referred to by their first and last names. The cast of characters in this book is enormous. I think I would have been well-served by several pages listing succinct descriptions of each character. This distracted me for the first half of the book and slowed me down throughout the book. All of that aside, Larsson managed to write a book that was good enough to round out the trilogy. I plan to watch this Swedish movie soon. I'm sure I'll catch the American The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sometime after it's out of the theaters. After watching the Swedish version I realized that Lizzy will hate the movie, so I'll have to watch it when she's not around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment