Monday, July 2, 2012
Songs of the Gorilla Nation: My Journey Through Autism
I know I haven't put anything up in a long time. My computer is dying, and I've been slogging through a super long and non-engaging book for weeks now. In the meantime, I read this book at work.
This book is super interesting. It tells the story of a woman who was diagnosed with Asperger's/High Functioning Autism as an adult. She talks about her struggle to fit in and how developing an understanding of and community with gorillas helped her learn to how connect with humans. She talks a lot about her experiences with gorillas, which I found really interesting. It is also a message of hope for adults with Aspergers/Autism, as she leads a satisfying life with a partner and a child. I definitely recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment